I loved that Pres. Uchtdorf talked about the Grinch during the First Presidency Christmas Devotional.
Mauri and I read that awesome Dr. Seuss book the other day. Maybe it was even THIS {blogged-about} day... but I couldn't tell you for sure, since all my days are running together like the watercolors in the Kindergarten class.
I've been feeling a little Grinchy myself this season, but I'm blaming it on PMDD.
I'm feeling much better today (sigh of relief -- I would hate to think I'm really getting crotchety and mean in my old(er) age). And I have renewed resolve (thanks, Pres. Uchtodorf) to get my heart in the right place.
On to the sharing of a single day in my life last week. I think it was a Thursday.
Oh yes, that was it.
Oh yes, that was it.
I started the day going on a field trip. I feel like I've been on a bus more in the past two months than in the past two years prior to that. Probably because I have. And you'll never guess WHERE the field trip was to...
Here:
Just in case you aren't clear of where here is, it's the same place I spent nearly a week of my life (most of which was NOT sleeping, by the way), as I was cleverly disguised as an event planner.
The Inverness hosts a Trash-to-Trees event, where different schools decorate Christmas trees with recycled (the "trash") objects. Then there's an auction, and prizes, and all sorts of good things. Last year, GRE won $300 for their learning lab. Nice.
My boss ("Mrs. C" to all the special needs children) was the creative genius, and the kids had been working for the past two weeks in the lab on all the decorations. GRE's mascot is a Golden Retriever, so the tree had a dog theme... Santa Paws is Coming to Town or something like that.
The kids had a great time decorating the tree,
and I was totally impressed with the finished product.
And I just have to say, those Inverness people are the nicest people around. They were awesome with the kids. After Christmas cookies and lemonade, we were back on that bus, heading for the school.
After work I met a friend for lunch, ran some errands, and then ran home to make breadsticks for the cheer team dinner. And I had a helper. Who, by the way, is an awesome breadstick maker. I kept having that nursery rhyme run through my head about the butcher, the baker and the candlestick maker... but I substituted the breadstick maker. Just to humor myself. I didn't share with Chase, since I figured he would think I was a nut.
Shilo helped whip out a salad, and I ran it all across the street where the cheer girls would gather for the big pre-State team dinner that night.
After the dinner, the girls were headed off to cheer at a wrestling match vs. a neighboring team (lots of rival tension) who has pretty much dominated the sport for years. As in State Champions. After the first 20-second pin, there wasn't a lot to cheer about, other than to encourage those LHS boys to give it their best effort. I've decided that wrestling is the most intense sport ever. It stresses me out. Every match has a winner and a loser, and there's only two of you out there.
Finally, after many losses (some quick, some not-so-quick, and one super close heartbreaker), the third-to-the-last (heaviest weight) Legend wrestler pinned his guy. Then the second-to-the-last wrestler pinned his guy. And the last wrestler pinned his guy. So although the final score wasn't in our favor, it was not a blow-out. Or a shut-down. It was a respectable loss. (Kind of like that last football game where we played the team that won the 4A State Championship this past Saturday.)
So that's about how every day has been around here lately, but we are counting down to our vacation.
11 more days.
I am anticipating
relaxation,
rejuvenation,
reconnection,
and rest.
I'm looking for a good book to take with me... any suggestions?






Have you read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society? That's my favorite book. I thought it was interesting that Pres Uchtdorf talked about the Grinch, I've been feeling a bit Grinchy myself lately...hate the commercialism of Christmas, haven't felt like it's been meaningful at all. So...I gues my challenge is to seek out that meaning!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting pictures of my Chaser-Dude. He looked like a great helper! Thanks again for taking him.
ReplyDelete