November 12
Monday
Opening Night
I purchased a 2-dozen bunch of roses from Costco, with the plan to break them up into 6 per night... because I like to stretch a dollar {wink}. I couldn't pass up this amazing color - a deep coral/red. Mar even noticed that they coordinated with her party dress perfectly. And, even more amazingly, 9 of those roses are still in a vase on the kitchen counter 2 WEEKS LATER. It was a phenomenal purchase.
I attended the performance by myself, since Bill was out of town through Thursday on a work trip.
Mar got another bunch of roses from her {boy}friend (who is NOT pictured below), which were also long-lasting and beautiful. It's been so lovely having fresh flowers around the house the past couple of weeks.
November 13th
Tuesday
Again, I attended by myself. I still enjoyed the show, but it's much more fun to go with someone. I apparently did not snap many pics ;-)
November 15th
Thursday
The Stewart girls came to see the show. I love them! I've been friends with Marci FOR YEARS. Our husbands served as bishops at the same time, and we survived by going to the temple together once a month for 5 years. She is an amazing person. She brought her cute daughter, Alison. Lindsey Stewart is Marci's sister, who moved into our ward about 6 months ago. Both of them married unrelated Stewart guys -- fun, huh? I had an instant connection with Lindsey, and I have loved getting to know her better. She is amazing, like her sister. I am blessed to know them. These girls were totally up to getting up and dancing during the finale and bows - 3 solid songs (btw, I did NOT dance when I attended by myself haha). Audience participation is key to the party vibe of the show.
Thank you, ladies!
Thank you, ladies!
And Bill made it home just in the nick of time to catch the show, too. We didn't get to sit together, since we nabbed his ticket from a friend just moments before it started, but he was glad to finally get to see it.
We had a good laugh over the fact that this was posted outside the theater. When Mar took her school picture, she wanted to do something funny, since it wouldn't go in the yearbook and would only be on her activity card. Little did she realize that it would be posted for all to see and enjoy. Gotta love the {mis}spelling of our last name... nothing new to us, though ;-)
November 16th
Friday
Robyn and Kat joined us for the performance. I told them we needed to get up and dance during the final 3 songs, and they were totally up for it! It was so fun to get to know Kat a little better -- and these ladies rocked the dancing.
November 17th
Saturday
Closing Night
Shilo and Kody had planned for months to come to CO to see Mar in the play, and Lex and Jase ended up moving out of their UT home that same weekend, so Shi and Kody helped drive with them. The plan was for Lex to stay here with Emmett, and Jason's brother, who lives in Alabama, would fly in on Sunday and they would head out to Alabama with the moving truck. Things worked out perfectly, but it was a bit of a crazy weekend. We went to one of our fave family hangouts for dinner before hitting the show.
Shilo and Kody had planned for months to come to CO to see Mar in the play, and Lex and Jase ended up moving out of their UT home that same weekend, so Shi and Kody helped drive with them. The plan was for Lex to stay here with Emmett, and Jason's brother, who lives in Alabama, would fly in on Sunday and they would head out to Alabama with the moving truck. Things worked out perfectly, but it was a bit of a crazy weekend. We went to one of our fave family hangouts for dinner before hitting the show.
I had arranged to have a couple of girls from our ward babysit Evie and Emmett. Emmett was a bit fussy that evening, and the mom of one of the girls ended up coming over to help with him. Luckily, Lex was blissfully unaware, so she could thoroughly enjoy being at the show.
Here's a quick clip of the final song:
We were just missing Britt and Austin... bummer. I love these people!
The whole family had helped me put together the candy leis for Mar and her friends, one of our seminary students, and a couple of kids from our ward that participated.
I have always loved ABBA, so I loved the music. I LOVED the dancing. These peeps did a bang-up job at singing and acting. I saw it 5 times and enjoyed it every night. I am, however, glad that it's over. We survived this crazy week!
And Mauri? She was definitely my FAVORITE PART.
I loved watching her love performing.


























No comments:
Post a Comment