I have been so busy lately, I've had the pics for this post hanging out on my desktop for weeks.
Today I'm gitt'n 'er done.
Clear back in May (I seriously can't believe we're almost halfway through June), the day after Scarlett's Birthday + party, we had a party to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Bill's parents. My SIL Angela did all the coordinating and planning, and wanted to make sure EVERYONE in the family would be there. Initially I told her Lex and Jason wouldn't be able to make it (plane tickets from TX are pricey!), but Ange was determined to have them there. In the end, we all pitched in for the tickets to offset the pricey-ness, and I was THRILLED to get to see them!
Jeff and his girlfriend Dayna came from Boise, and Russ and Sarah came from St. George (my MIL didn't think they would be there... SURPRISE!)
Jeff and his girlfriend Dayna came from Boise, and Russ and Sarah came from St. George (my MIL didn't think they would be there... SURPRISE!)
Angela had arranged an all-day date itinerary for her parents, with their final destination to a church by her home. I'm pretty sure they knew something was up, but the real surprise for them was having EVERYONE there. The family all assembled to help with set-up and dinner prep.
Scarlett was ready to party for a second day in a row.
Waiting for the surprise... shhhh....
Happy Anniversary!
The first thing on the agenda was to get some family pictures, so we all headed outside.
Austin is pro at multitasking...
Wonderful Sweet Scarlett was NOT in good picture-taking form.
Maybe the fact that we tried taking our/her pics last had something to do with it?
She was happy as punch to NOT be taking pictures...
After the pictures, we headed back inside for dinner, teary-eyed toasts, and a video Ange and Matt had put together.
Taylor sang I Can't Help Falling In Love With You... that kid has some serious talent.
It was so great to have everyone together to celebrate this amazing couple!
A huge thank you to Angela for her hard work to make it happen!
After we cleaned up and packed up, we lingered to visit in the parking lot.
My girls had fun with the fish-eye effect on our camera.
I am so grateful for these amazing people I call family.
I love you guys!























That looks like a ton of fun! Love love love the "just married" sign, I hope they kept it on for a while!
ReplyDelete